What Am I Going To Get Out Of This Course?
Introduction to specialty coffee
- Where and how was coffee first discovered?
- Anatomy of a coffee fruit.
- Harvesting and processing methods of coffee fruit.
- Differences between second wave and third wave coffee movement.
- Differences between Robusta and Arabica coffee.
- Roast levels of coffee and how different roast profile affects the taste profile.
Coffee Brewing Methods
- Espresso machine
- Filter coffee
- Cold brew coffee
Coffee Origins and Profiling
- Comparing two origins of coffee through filter brewing
- Learning to describe their coffee profile
Brewing on Espresso Machine and Pour-over (V60)
- Steps and techniques for espresso brewing; dosing, tamping, water hardness, water temperature etc.
- Steps and techniques for V60 filter brewing; dosing, brewing ratio, water temperature, agitation etc.
Work on Espresso Machine
- Espresso calibration
- Milk texturing techniques
- Preparing espresso-based beverage
Introduction to Latte Art and Milk Texturing Techniques
- Latte Art
- Ideal milk temperature
- Level of milk
- Degree of Aeration
Start Your Lifelong Learning Journey Here
The courses are full day courses, starting from 9.00am.
Course fees are inclusive of all course materials and certificate. The course dates/venue may be subject to change if warranted by circumstances.
Please call our friendly course administrator, Kevin at +65 8575 5515 for information!