What Am I Going To Get Out Of This Course?
This hands-on class is an introduction to roll cake making for the aspiring bakers. Participants will learn the function of the ingredients, bake the sponge cake and learn the proper techniques of rolling and folding cakes without cracking, using Halal and good quality good quality ingredients. With the knowledge acquired, participants will be able to prepare and bake rolled cakes for occasions to be sold or just as gifts.
Introduction to Rolled Cakes
- What are Rolled Cakes
- Tools and Equipment
Preparing Cake and Fillings
- Ingredients for Cake
- Ingredients for Filling
- Calculating Proportion for Ingredients
Making the Swiss Roll Cake
- Tools and Equipments for Swiss Rolls
- Importanct of Lining and Greasing of Pans
- Measuring Techniques for Ingredients
- Apportioning the Ingredients
- Mixing Methods for Consistency of Cake Batter
- Techniques to Prevent Cake from Drying while Cooling
Making the Cracked Pattern Swiss Roll
- Tools and Equipments for French Buttercream
- Boiling Sugar and Water to achieve Soft Ball Stage
- Techniques for Whisking Eggs to required Consistency
- Mixture of Boiled Sugar into Eggs and Whisking till Cool
- Close Supervision over Mixture
- Things to take note
Making the Tiger Skin Roll
- Whisking all Ingredients into Fluffy and Firm filling
- Importance to Chill Pastry Cream
- Baking the Tiger Skin Roll
- Cooking without Drying
Making the Tapak Kuda Cake
- Mixing method to achieve the correct consistency of the Cracked Pattern Swiss Roll cake batter.
- Using the correct tools and equipments.
- Preparing the Chocolate batter
- Laying the two differrent coloured batters into baking pan.
- Removing Cracked Pattern Swiss Roll cake from pan to cool.
- Methods to prevent cakes from drying while kept on cooling rack
Filling and Rolling
- Swiss Roll
- Tiger Skin Roll
- Cracked Pattern Swiss Roll
- Tapak Kuda Roll
Start Your Lifelong Learning Journey Here
The courses are full day courses, starting from 9.00am.
Course fees are inclusive of all course materials and certificate. The course dates/venue may be subject to change if warranted by circumstances.
Please call our friendly course administrator, Kevin at +65 8575 5515 for information!